Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jewel in the Palace

This makes two posts in one day but while I'm thinking of it I want to make a note of the show that I watch with my host family just about every night. They've seen each episode several times (and there are many, many episodes) so I would say they are pretty into it. It's a South Korean drama called "Jewel in the Palace" and I kind of love it now too. The main man is a total heartthrob. More so than Dan Balan I have to say. His name is Ji Jin-Hee. Here 's a picture, but you have to see him in action in the show to really get the idea.

If you want to know more about the show you can check it out at this link: http://archiveu.mediacorptv.sg/jewel.htm

Quick synopsis from Wikipedia: Loosely based on the historical figure during the reign if King Jungiong depicted in the Annals of Joseon Dynasty, the show focuses on Jang-geum, the first female royal physician of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. The main themes are her perseverance and the portrayal of the traditional Koren culture, including Korean royal court cuisine and traditional medicine.

The version we're watching is dubbed in Russian with English subtitles so it's also great language practice for all of us. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment